Tuesday, August 27, 2013

...the white page.


I spoke with a friend today... she reminded me that I've been away for a while...

...it's hard going away, but it's just as hard coming back.

The difficulty comes not in the action of returning, but in the action of wondering what I will say.

I'm like an author with writer's block. I stare at the blank page, a canvas of snowy white, and it makes me freeze!

I wish I were a great author; I love to write, but I feel so inadequate sometimes when it comes to the craft, and I've read countless words on "how to be an author", but I know it can't be forced....

... but here I sit, staring at this page, and see the few words I've written, and I smile... I will soon be back!

Happy life!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Heather ~ what a delight to see you back here.

    Your posts always were such a breath of fresh air.

    I look forward to seeing more of you.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have you back ! Lovely photo and post! I feel the same when it comes to writing a post . I have kept a journal for over 40 years and love to write but when it comes to writing for my blog I to draw a blank . I find that if I write how I feel about the photos I took and plan to post then all just flows . Thanks for sharing ! Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see a new post from you, and if the comments are any indication, you have been missed my friend.

    It will come back, give it time...just check in once in a while.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you . . . love your photo and thoughts . . .
    Happy you were the last message to read before I call it an end to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, I understand exactly what you are saying. I run into the same issue. After a longer than usual absence I become very judgmental of my writing. I believe you did beautifully. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Heather, We will all look forward to reading your wonderful words when you return.. Fantastic photo. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm just glad to see you pop up over there on my sidebar. You always say the right things. They will come. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, Heather girl, welcome back . . . and thank you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll be here when you're ready for us. :o)

    ReplyDelete

You are a beautiful petal from a flower that makes up my garden, thank you for dropping by and leaving me your thoughts: