Sunday, May 12, 2013

My flower you will always be...



I walked into the room and smiled, no matter its minimal furnishings, it felt cozy and warm; it always felt cozy and warm, as long as the flower was there.

I breathed in the soft headiness of the blossom’s sweet perfume as it permeated the air; like an essential oil whose scent lingers, lurking in corners, swirling around as though carried upon a gentle breeze, and tickling my nose as it whispered on by.

The flower that had once shone brightly with vibrant colour, now sat faded to a soft milky white with still a hint of the glory it had once been; pure and true, its beauty no less stunning as it graced my eyes. Like all flowers, its uncomplicated enchantment had been easy to admire in every stage of its bloom.

As though light emanated from delicate paper-thin petals, it cast a glow that illuminated the room with its soft haze, filling every nook and cranny, warming the atmosphere, and drawing me towards it like a ship to a beacon; I could not resist the need to touch its lacy fronds, clutch it in my grasp.

With outstretched arms I reached out to cup the delicate blossom in my hands, while petals so fragile, enfolded me like delicate wings, wrapping me in warmth, protecting me, comforting me, showering me with love; and I wanted to be wrapped in its delicate strength, hugged close to its central core and protected within its precious embrace for all time.

This flower is the sunshine in a cold room, the voice of comfort when all seems lost, hope for a blossoming future. This flower can chase the blues away, express regality and simplicity, dignity and grace, joy and sorrow.

And this flower, will always be, pressed between the pages of my heart, forever preserved in my memory, its ever-present existence a thing of beauty, filling glorious chapters within the book of my life.

C Heather Johnsgaard, April 2013

 Happy Mother's Day!

Happy life!

18 comments:

  1. Nice post-- Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for the blog visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL Heather . . . Sweet Day to you!
    Enjoy a.cuddle with yourr Girls and your Boys . . .
    I have been missing you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Happy Mother's Day to you too.
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was beautiful and I have been missing you too.

    Love and hugs to you and your critters.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written.It is always a pleasure going to your blog to see what is in your mind.

    Thanks for a nice mother day with you and Allen.

    Laurette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written.It is always a pleasure going to your blog to see what is in your mind.

    Thanks for a nice mother day with you and Allen.

    Laurette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy to see a post from you, and such a beautiful post...

    Hope you are keeping well.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Heather, thank your for your beautiful words and happy Mother's Day to you too, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather girl that was a wonderful post : )
    I am just beginning to get back on my feet a little .. the last few months have really been so stressful with getting son settled down south.
    I think it will take a couple of months for us to even settle into our own routine !! LOL
    YES ! .. if you see Ballerina tulip .. it is one of the best ones I have had .. lily lip tulips seem to hold themselves a lot longer than others for some reason too .. but Ballerina is my favorite so far .. I am a daff person and did I forget to take pictures of how wonderful they came out in the front garden ?? YES !! DUH !! LOL
    Joy
    Hope all the wee and large creatures are happy and healthy !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another round of applause and thank you Heather. Your yellow posy is so darned precious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Heather, I found your blog from a comment you left on Casa Mariposa. I'm sure we think along the same lines. I'm sometimes called naive because I believe in a gentle way. Do you experience the same thing? I'll be following you now I know you are a kindred spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty flower! I hope you had a terrific Mother's Day too and that you are having a very happy week!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Your coreopsis would perk up any room. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, forgot to type fast enough. I love pretty flowers but I have a brown thumb. I can grow ivy and orchids an that's it. Ivy has taken over the house. I look like I live in a rain forest. I write humor. It was cheaper than liquor, no hangover, and legal. Jody, the Medicare Mom at http://themedicaremom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Heather. YOU have written the most beautiful words and I really love the pretty wee yellow flower. I hope you are enjoying your Spring. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful. I am so sorry I missed it when it was written.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am enjoying your Blog. Nice photos, so cheerful.
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete

You are a beautiful petal from a flower that makes up my garden, thank you for dropping by and leaving me your thoughts: