Wednesday, January 9, 2013

...chasing the winter blues!

Vintage needlepoint on my "to work on" list for this winter...


More beautiful blue skies....
It's seems like it's that time of the year where if you are in the middle of winter, and if you have had lots of snow, and if you still have a few months to go.....

Look up, blue skies.....
...you might just get the winter blues!



I've been reading it everywhere on everyone's blogs...


Periwinkle blue wheelbarrow I painted several years ago,



View from the other side...
...that humdrum time between the end of the Christmas and New Year festivities, usually until the first static holiday arrives...



...the time of year where all you see is never ending white.


And so, while white seems like it's slapping us in the face, it really is....


...it's telling us to wake up and look harder...



...we might just have to dig a little deeper...


...but it's there...


...colour is out there, everywhere we look....



....just waiting to be discovered!


And I'm giving it all I've got...

...trying to find colour when there seems to be none...



  ...and so you see, I'm no different...

Old blue kiddie's table and remnants of blue on wooden horses









...I too have been chasing the winter blues.....









 ....away!

Cadeau's blue tag....


Happy life!

5 comments:

  1. It's so easy to get down at this time of year but your beautiful photographs help us to see the beauty (and the blue!) in amongst the white. My favourite photograph is of Cadeau, wonderful! Whenever I get down I always try and remember that every day the days are getting a little longer and we are getting a little closer to Spring. Stay warm and keep looking for those blues :O) Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . my favorite color is blue and the glimpse of your needlework project tells me you have a wonderful winter project just waiting to come to life. Cadeau need to come inside now . . . it’s time for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is one of my very favorite colors. I love the colors of your threads and wonder what project you are working on with those. Your photos are wonderful.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Heather. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ha that's what you meant, the winter blues...lol.

    Yesterday I almost stopped to take a photo of a blueish barn, but then I would have had to back up in the snow, and the people would have thought I was casing the joint...snicker. So I didn't back up, and get the photo, see I should have done it. I tell you, I am getting much too worried about what other people think when I drive by in my black truck, with the tinted windows....and the drivers window open, and a camera sticking out....why would they think anything is odd about that?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

You are a beautiful petal from a flower that makes up my garden, thank you for dropping by and leaving me your thoughts: